Please read the following community rules before joining. Anyone failing to follow these rules will be banned from the community.
1. Discrimination will not be tolerated. This includes discrimination against gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other population factor.
2. There will be no flaming or trolling. In short, these terms mean harassing other members or posting material with the intent of upsetting others.
3. There will be no off-topic posts. This includes any resources or anecdotes (personal or otherwise) not related to borderline personality disorder or symptoms related to the disorder.
4. Do not advertise other communities. *ADDENDUM*: IF you would like to post a community related to mental health recovery, BPD, or related issues, please contact a moderator before doing so! All communities not approved beforehand will be deleted.
5. Put large images or triggering topics under an lj-cut tag. Triggering posts include, but are not limited to: self-harm, sexual abuse/rape, eating disordered activity, physical abuse, suicide ideation, etc.
6. Inactive/deleted journals will be removed from membership.
Sexism and racism will NOT be tolerated!
It is okay to write/vent/post about how you have been screwed over and hurt, but it is NOT okay to discriminate against ANYONE based on the actions of others.
A list of suggested resources can be found under the BPD Resources entry found under the Memories section of this page.
"You wake up daily, miserable that you're still alive. People who don't think about death, like us Borderlines do, don't, won't and simply can't understand why we hurt. Why we feel so much pain for virtually no reason at all. Nothing what-so-ever triggers it, it just hits you like a train wreck one day, and you want nothing more than to just end everything." ~ pale_simplicity
(In response to "What is BPD?") "Instability in every way. Inconsistency is the only consistency. Self-sabotaging. Creating and relishing in chaos because it is dependable and predictable, unlike happiness. Not knowing who you are; taking other pieces of people and using those but having none of your own. Fragmented. Self-destructive. Wonderful at adapting; horrible at changing. Attachment issues. Creating our own chaos before the world can create it for us. Hell." ~ awkwardcreation
"Living with Borderline Personality Disorder is like being drunk standing on a see saw some days and you never know which way you will lose your balance but your pretty sure it is not going to be good." ~ Terry Untreatable